Family health history is an important risk factor for developing type 2 diabetes.
Did you know?
- Nearly 26 million Americans have diabetes.
- Seven million people with diabetes do not even know that they have this disease.
- An estimated 79 million adults in the U.S. have prediabetes, placing them at increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- Having a family history of diabetes places you at increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- If you are a woman who had gestational diabetes during pregnancy, you are at increased risk for developing diabetes, and the child of that pregnancy is at increased risk for obesity and type 2 diabetes. Read More